During the months of October and November, Ms. Finn is visiting all Social Studies classes to discuss suicide prevention. The lesson includes: warning signs, how to help, and resources. Parents can learn more about preventing teen suicide at:
The Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide: http://www.sptsusa.org/parents/
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
9th Grade College Checklist
Also, check out the College Resource Links to the right!
- Take the most challenging courses possible.
- Monitor high school credits to be sure you meet all requirements for graduation by the end of senior year. (Ms. Finn or an administrator will meet with you this year to create your 4-year-plan.)
- Keep a list of awards, honors, and extracurricular activities for scholarship & college applications.
- Research colleges/ universities you are interested in attending. Tour colleges/ universities as time allows. Check admission & application requirements & timelines.
- Explore interests and attend Career Day. Talk to people with interesting jobs & ask lots of questions.
- Talk to your parents about saving for college.
- Look for summer enrichment programs.